Monday, April 23, 2012

Eating in Spain

I know some of you have been asking me about the food in Spain. I wanted to give it enough time so I got to experience a wide variety of dishes before I posted a log about it.

In Spain they typically eat a light breakfast of orange juice, coffee, and maybe some kind of bread or pastry. I sometimes like to get a croissant with ham and cheese.  


This was a pastry filled with chocolate and cafe con leche. 


Churros with hot chocolate. Yum!


Traditionally lunch is the largest meal of the day in Spain, but I still tend to get more light stuff like this salal with squid. 


Or this plate of tomatoes with tuna and olives. 


Or I might get a bocadillo con jamon y queso with a view of the Alhambra in the background. g


In many places you can order a beer or wine and get a free taps, small portions of food. Here I have a piece of breed with paté and anchovies with olives. 


Spaniards typically eat a late dinner around 9:00 or 10:00. This night I had paella with beef, chicken, muscles, squid, and prawns. 




No comments:

Post a Comment