Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Day 04 - Madrid Walking North

So I had every intention of taking it easy today and get rested up before heading to Cordoba tomorrow morning. That didn't work out so well because I ended up walking 5.5 miles north through Madrid so I could take a picture of two leaning buildings.




Biblioteca Nacional











Salamanca is a neighborhood northeast of the city center. The further I walk this way the nicer it becomes and the straighter the streets are.


Santiago Bernabéu Stadium famous Real Madrid football (soccer for you Americans) team. It has a seating capacity.


Looking north down Paseo de la Castellana.





My final destination of Plaza de Castilla where we can see the twin Puerta de Europa towers, the second tallest buildings in Spain.


Finally back at my home base in central Madrid around 10:30pm. Time to get some rest because I've got a big travel day to Cordoba tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment