Monday, April 23, 2012

Day 10 - Granada to Malaga

Hello from Malaga! Today was a travel day so not much to report. I started my day off with a little churros and hot chocolate. 


Then I spent a few hours wandering the streets of Granada doing some shopping for gifts. Check out all the spices and stuff!


Finally I arrived at the Malaga train station. Fortunately my hotel is right next to the train station so I didn't have far to go this time. 


I cleaned up and headed out to find some food. I wandered a few miles down to the city center and found a place to get some calamari, which I have been wanting since I got here. Had a couple big beers too!


After dinner and a cappuccino I walked straight down to the beach and set foot on the Mediterranean coast for the first time since I was in Italy more than two years ago. I think I can almost see Africa from here... 



After walking for more than six miles tonight I'm ready to get back to my hotel and rest up. I've got a big day of exploring to do tomorrow. 



2 comments:

  1. The weather looks like it's been amazing your whole trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katie! Aside from a little rain on the first day I arrived in Madrid it has been great. The last few days in Malaga and now Sevilla have been just beautiful in the mid 70s and sunny. I'm about to head out to the big annual fair in Seville. It's the biggest event of the year in Spain.

    ReplyDelete