Sunday, April 15, 2012

Day 02 - Exploring Madrid

After the Prado Museum this afternoon I parted ways with Meggie and decided to explore Madrid some more. I headed towards the Parque del Buen Retiro, the main park of Madrid.








Bosque del Recuerdo (Forest of Remembrance) is a memorial to the 192 people killed in the 2004 Madid train bombings. There are 192 olive trees and cypresses.




Palacio deCristal - No stone throwing in this glass house!




Puerta de Alcala in the Plaza de la Independencia.






Edificio Metrópolis is one of my favorite buildings so far in Madrid.


3 comments:

  1. I love Madrid! This is a great blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool Nick, I already love living your exploring through you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Dan. I'm glad people are enjoying it. It's been so much fun here and I'm happy to share my experiences.

    ReplyDelete